Thursday, July 21, 2005

My "Dear John" Letter to Northwest Airlines

Dear N.W.A.:

It’s not you. It’s me.

I thought I would never have to write this letter, but I’ve changed. My needs are different, and although I thought I could deal with it, I can’t.

You were there when I needed you, but over the years, we’ve grown apart. You haven’t seemed as concerned about my needs as you were about yourself, and I admit that my mind has wandered.

Once, I had hoped that we could stay together, but in the past two weeks, it’s so clear we can’t make our relationship work. More and more, I found that I just can’t afford you, but I stayed with you, clinging to memories of happier times.

Yes, the credit card receipts in my pockets gave me away. In Nashville, my direct flight to Cleveland cost $140. If I stayed with you, you wanted $410. (And the Nashville flight even gets me peanuts and a soft drink.) I saved enough with my 210-mile drive to pay for my three days in a Cleveland hotel.

I’ve tried to overlook the fact that you take me for granted. I’ve watched my friends stray, and I told myself this was a one-time thing. Now, I’m not so sure.

At least we’ve got our memories -- the first flight to Amsterdam and the first-class treatment to Tokyo, but they seem so long ago. It just isn’t enough for me any more.

I hope that we can stay friends.



PS: I feel cheap. And that’s the best part.

1 comment:

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!
Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.
Microsoft wordis so great!
Office 2007makes life great!
Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world.
Office 2007 keyis available here.
Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.
Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.
Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!
Windows 7 is convenient!